Team Hyperloop India, originally a club of a few student enthusiasts at BITS along with their faculty-mentor has over the year has grown into a multi-disciplinary multi-campus student initiative in India having technical collaboration with corporate majors. From being the only fully-funded Indian team in January 2016 to present their design at the SpaceX Hyperloop Design Weekend at Texas A&M University USA, it has now expanded to a team comprising of best of the minds from the top Engineering and B-Schools of the country – namely BITS Pilani University, Indian School of Business and IIM Ahmedabad, having established formal technical collaboration to receive professional support from organizations like RITES, NITI Aayog and DP World India.
The team’s plan is to leverage its performance in the global competitions to create a nationalistic competitive impulse to bring high-speed transport systems like the Hyperloop to the home country, via a three-fold strategy – Design, Planning and Implementation:
- Design: To Design and Manufacture India’s first indigenously built safe, scalable and feasible Hyperloop pod prototype for the SpaceX Hyperloop Pod Competition
- Planning: To Formulate an economic, legal, transport policy case study for such technology to be seamlessly deployed in the country, that will be presented at Hyperloop One Global Challenge
- Implement: To engage with stakeholders in India and create an eco-system with the willpower to advance, appraise, approve and regulate the advent of the Hyperloop transport technology.
The team is working with Hyperloop One to explore how the Hyperloop could be implemented in India, and our initial case study has already been approved. We are one of the 35 semi-finalists from 17 countries out of 2600 teams from 100 countries, that originally presented the case.
This is an invite to your esteemed organization to associate with us. You can support Hyperloop India in more ways than one.
- Technical Support: By providing us the expertise/labs/facilities in certain technical areas, and/or by providing us the requisite material support.
- Monetary Support: By providing us donations to support our activities leading to building of the pod.
To our associates, we will be happy to offer following benefits:
- International coverage: At the SpaceX Hyperloop Pod Competition being held in Hawthorne, California, where our team is slated to participate.
- National coverage: Through snippets in print media, social media, and direct coverage at the premiere Technical and Business school campuses through our student collaborators at all campuses of BITS Pilani, IIM Ahmedabad, and ISB etc.
- Target Audience: Interact with a versatile community of students and semi-professionals from top engineering and business schools of the country through seminars and/ or guest lectures.
Taking the concept of Hyperloop from idea to reality is no small feat, and I hope you will find supporting the same very satisfying and eventually rewarding. The attached brochures will provide further details about the project and possible benefits. For further queries, please feel free to contact the team at: firstname.lastname@example.org